You know what you should do this weekend? Throw a little holiday party for you and your friends. Nothing serious, just a fun, spur of the moment ugly sweater party! Why not? They are easy to get (or make) and don’t need a lot of prepping and planning.
On top of the visual inspiration you’ll find below, here are some helpful ideas to hosting a successful ugly (or tacky) sweater Christmas party:
- Have lots of holiday music on hand. Preferably livelier, upbeat songs.
- Have refreshments on hand. They don’t necessarily have to be filled with alcohol, but it can’t hurt. People will likely feel a little uncomfortable knowingly wearing a ridiculous sweater out, so help get them feeling a little more relaxed!
- Have back up ridiculous Christmas hats or vests on hand for those who don’t come as prepared as others…there is always one!
- Remember the ridiculous looks of the night by having an equally ridiculous photo booth area.
- Let people know you are having a little contest for the most outrageously tacky sweater. A small prize will do. Caution: this will almost certainly encourage some of your friends to get their game faces on and go all out with their party looks. You’ve been warned.
And without further ado, a visual inspiration board for a fun, ugly sweater Christmas party:
Make sure to see where all of these fabulous images came from for even MORE details:
Ugly Christmas Sweater Bottle Koozie – sold by LogoBarProducts on Etsy
How To: Photo Booth (for an ugly Christmas sweater party): shared by Rachel here on Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
Ugly Sweater Cake – seen on this pin here
Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Invitation – sold by InvitationBlvd on Etsy
Ugly Sweater Cookies – shared by And Everything Sweet
Gingerbread Men in Ugly Sweaters – shared by Celebrations
Ugly Christmas Sweater Candle Holders – shared by Oh My! Creative
Would you make your own ugly sweater or buy it?
5 thoughts on “Ideas for Hosting Your Own Ugly Sweater Christmas Party”
Pingback: 'Tis The Season: 10 Superstars in Ugly Christmas Sweaters - Glamreports
Pingback: Got an ugly holiday sweater? Plenty of opportunities to show it off this weekend | The Jax Beer Guy
Pingback: ‘Tis The Season: 10 Superstars in Ugly Christmas Sweaters | TheLatestReports
Great information. Lucky me I recently found your blog
by accident (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!
Great ugly sweater party ideas! Just what I needed. Thanks!