Years ago, and I mean YEARS ago, back when I started sharing these weekly wedding and party inspiration boards, I created an ideas board for a turquoise and yellow wedding, with a hint of paisley. That was 4 years ago, FOUR.
I like to think a lot has changed in the fluidity and cohesiveness of my boards. My inspiration has changed, and my interests have switched from weddings to more social and fundraising events and themes. Periodically I like to go back and look at some of my earlier work, revamp it, and take a stab at it with all of the new ideas being shared these days.
This week, I look back at my turquoise and yellow event, and bring it into a more modern and warmer design concept, with turquoise blue, bright yellow, and chartreuse green all mixed in. A little paisley print thrown in with the linens adds interesting contrast, while the colorful lounges and additional solid linens help balance out all the colors.
Here’s what I had in mind for this modern take on a turquoise and yellow event with a touch of paisley and wood:
Be sure to see where each element of this reception idea’s and inspiration board were found:
- Turquoise Blue, Yellow and Dark Royal Blue Event Reception Lounge – furniture by AFR Events
- Chartreuse Green, Turquoise Blue and Wood Colorful Dinner Reception and Tablescapes – linens by BBJ
- Tall Modern Centerpiece with White Vase and Yellow Flowers – shared on Style Me Pretty
- Yellow and White Centerpieces on Turquoise Tablescape – spotted on Pinterest
- Yellow, Blue, Green, and White Paisley Tablescape – shared by Blueprint Studios
Love some of these elements? Pin your faves for future reference!
Which do you like better? My original idea board from 2013, or the 2017 version?